1/16/2021, 2021 - 1/15/2023
Sun.,Mon.,Tues.,Wed.,Thurs.,Fri. & Sat.
This is a technique for entering a new environment.
• Each participant can find a piece of imaginary chalk in their pocket, and guide all the students to draw the shape of a door.
Narrate the experience of opening a door into another world
• Be sure to observe sensory elements before you open the door – e.g. how cold the handle is, or that there is frost on the window!
• Use active and vivid descriptions of the place you are entering.
• Then walk through the door and into the world of the pantomime.
Go back through the door (optional)
• When you walk back through the door and into your classroom, erase the magic door and blow all the dust away.
Sample narration after you have drawn the door:
“Let’s go into the jungle. Touch the handle of the door, it’s warm. Put your ear up next to the door and listen closely. There are birds squawking, and frogs croaking, I even hear a monkey howling! Oh wow. Let’s go through the door. Reach out and open the door - whoa the air is so warm and wet. There are vines hanging down all around us, and plants covering the floor…”
Try It in Your Classroom
Magic Door is great for: