The Carol Duval Whiteman Conservatory Showcase
Fall 2020 Showcase
Event is Saturday, January 16th at 12pm and 3pm (exact time is determined by the group)
Location: Herberger Arts Center
Price: Complimentary (Donations Welcome)
View Showcase Program
Join us as we celebrate young theatre artists at the bi-annual showcase! The showcase will include performances developed by the students in the Carol Duval Whiteman Conservatory at Childsplay.
Event is Saturday, January 16th at the Pavilion Outdoor stage at the Herberger Arts Center. View images and learn more about the outdoor venue on Herberger's website.
Seating is limited at this venue and to make social distancing easier, while still having adequate seating for caregivers to attend, we are splitting the Conservatory classes into two group performances.
Group A: Musical Theatre (1-3), Level 3 Acting, and Level 4 Acting Showcase at 12pm on Saturday, January 16th. Students need to be at the theatre at 9:45am and will be done for the day by 1:15pm.
Group B: Acting Level 1&2, and Level 5 Showcase at 3pm on Saturday, January 16th. Students need to be at the theatre at 1:15pm and will be done for the day by 4:15pm.
You will not be able to request seats at the Showcase after Thursday as we need to provide the reservations to the Herberger before Saturday's event.
No ticketing/seating requests will be issued on Saturday.
Tickets are complimentary, however, we've added a donation per ticket option if you would like to contribute to the increased costs of Showcase at the Herberger Theatre Center this semester.
On Friday Evening you will receive an e-mail from the Herberger with your seating assignment and other information from the venue.
If you need to contact us:
- Before Saturday e-mail works best at email@example.com.
- On Saturday if please text 480-439-3132 (this number cannot receive phone calls) and an Academy Staff member will get back to you right away.
- Students arrive to the outdoor Plaza in front of the Herberger Theatre Center, where their teacher will conduct a health questionnaire, temperature check, and assume supervision of the participants. Caregivers should return at the time recorded on their ticket for seating. Please be on time for these important last-minute preparations.
- We continue to follow safety protocol regarding masks and social distancing at the Showcase venue.
- Participants will not need a lunch, although they may bring a small snack if needed. They should bring a water bottle.
- Students will spend a significant period of time outdoors between onstage rehearsals, set-up, and performance. Please make sure they have appropriate outerwear for the day's weather.
- We will not have access to dressing rooms backstage. Participants should wear clothing needed for the performance to the venue.
- The evening before Showcase, you will receive an e-mail from the Herberger which includes your seating assignment and arrival time for the event. You won't need to pick up tickets from the box office, just let the theatre usher know what seating section you were assigned and they will direct you. The box office will also provide a time for you to arrive, this helps limit the number of people being seated at a time and is part of the Herberger's safety plan.
- Students will be dismissed at the end of the performance to caregivers by their teacher. The Showcase should be about an hour.
- The Herberger makes discounted $6 Parking Passes for the Arizona Center available to guests. If you would like to purchase one, you will park in the Arizona Center, purchase the parking pass from Herberger box office, and use the pass when you exit the Arizona Center. The Herberger provides more information on their website. Please note it is not possible to add this to your Showcase ticket request as we aren't using the Herberger's ticketing system and you will need to purchase the pass in-person from the Herberger box office on the 16th.